Rock Assault Tacoma Rear Axle Housing. Trail-Gear introduces a new concept to the axle housing design. This exclusive design features axle tubes that have been offset above the housing centerline. The inner axles ride near the bottom of the axle tubes rather than in the center.
The differential mounting surface ensures studs can not pull out, even under heavy loads. The outer offset flanges are made from 4130 Chromoly to prevent distortion or bending. Housings are precision aligned using start-of-the-art, 3D digital imaging equipment.
We recommend the addition of our Axle Housing Inspection Hole Kit to allow for easy fluid level and ring gear visibility. The kit is available in a DIY installation version which requires drilling through the differential housing and welding on a threaded bung, as well as a factory-installed version.
The original design concept for this axle was created by Jason Locktup Stanley. This rugged, high clearance design proved to be extremely tough and helped Team Trail-Gear win first place in the 2007 W.E.Rock Formula Toy Series. Thanks Jason!
- For Non-ABS Axle Shafts Only
- Axle tubes are now made from 0.3125 Inch thick, high strength DOM tubing
- Engage 0.625 Inch farther into the center section
- 360.0 degree gusset welded around the tubes to ensure unparalleled strength
- Increase of 0.375 Inch in ground clearance under the axle tubes
- Overall housing length is 53.25 Inch mounting flange to mounting flange
- Press formed 0.25 Inch plate steel center section shell is shaped to ensure a minimum of 0.75 Inch additional clearance
- Differential mounting surface is made from 0.5 Inch plate steel
- Empty housing is 54.0 pounds
- Includes drain plug
- Spring perches, shock mounts, and vent not included
- Differential stud kit and RTV silicone are included and are recommended for this axle
- Unpainted bare-metal, oiled finish to prevent rusting
- Degrease the housing inside and out before installation and painting
- All rear Rock Assault Axle Housings utilize an 8.0 Inch differential
- To achieve full ground clearance, you will need to grind the bottom of the differential housing flange flush with the axle housing.
- Warranty: 12 Month Limited Warranty
- Sold As: Each
- Material: Chromoly
- Finish: Bare
- Color: Grey
- Option: Regular
- Fits: 1995-2004 Toyota Tacoma
Payment & Security
Su información de pago se procesa de forma segura. No almacenamos los detalles de la tarjeta de crédito ni tenemos acceso a la información de su tarjeta de crédito.